Saturday, June 30, 2007
I have had one of the busiest days ever!!! It has also been a very emotional day for a lot of reasons but the biggest was that we attended a graveside service for a baby today. That is the saddest thing ever -- ya'll please pray for this precious family as they try to get back to living in the weeks to come. This baby was stillborn and they (as well as all who know them) are heartbroken. Pray special prayers that Our Lord will give them his presence and that they will feel so comforted by HIM in the weeks to come.
We are also headed out of town tomorrow (after church) to go and visit my family in North Georgia. So, I've been packing like a mad woman and unfortunately am now feeling guilty because I (ahem) took my frustrations out on my sweet family today and they didn't deserve that NOT at all!
SO, can I just say that it was the BEST THING EVER when I finally had a moment to sit down and found these sweet awards awaiting me. Ya'll, I am totally undeserving of these awards so, I'm speechless that anybody chose me much less 3 different people.
The first award was this one:
Cyndi, at One Day More, bestowed this honor on me. I am humbled that I am in any way a reflection of God to this sweet lady. I found her blog early on when I started blogging and she is such an inspiration! If you don't know she has just recently come back from China on a mission trip. That is walking the talk in my book, girls. And it reminds me what I need to do myself.
Denise, at Shortybear's Place, also honored me with this sweet award. She is doing Lisa's study along with some of you all out there. SHE has been such as source of encouragement through each and EVERY lesson! She always leaves me such sweet comments!
Plus, she lives very very near where I grew up =)!!! And that just warms my heart!
The second award was this one:
Cyndee, at Riezzee's Place, gave me this great honor. This sweet lady is also doing Lisa's I AM study. And I love reading her answers too! She is a special blessing to me because I had no idea that she read my blog. You may be asking how I can like reading her answers to bible study questions and NOT know that she reads my blog. Well, let me just tell ya. I'm a little slow on the uptake. See, even though I have seen comments from Cyndee from time to time - I never put two and two together to get that she went with Riezzee's place.....I know - I know! You can stop laughing now. Thank you so much, sweet Cyndee. I won't miss that you are Riezzee's place again!
I think I am supposed to pass both of these awards along now. There are many, many of you out there who deserve BOTH of these awards but here are a few. SO, know that if you are on my list you are most definitely a Rocking Reflection of God above to me!!!!
Tracey, at Show Me State of Mind, is a rocking reflection to me! She is always encouraging and gives me great advice whenever I'm feeling down. She is a sweet Southern Georgia peach which puts her at the top of my list and I am so blessed to have found her blog and to be able to call her my friend! I also always LOVE seeing the pictures she shares of her son and she and her hubby! SO sweet!
Lisa, at The Preacher's Wife, is family and friend. And if anyone deserves a rocking reflection award, it's her! She is working so hard giving us her online bible study - I AM, so you don't have to be. Lisa, thank you for taking all the time typing up lessons for us. YOU surely deserve this award!
Kim, at Lifesong, is SUCH an inspiration to me. She challenges me in ways that she will never know. Her posts keep me learning new things and seeking to love God and my family the way she does! Because her love for both are apparent on her blog. She also vacationed near my home this past week. We had hoped to get to meet for some coffee. Unfortunately it didn't work out.....maybe some other time!
Deborah, at Deborah's Encouragement, is a true witness! She loves the Lord and you can tell it! Her site is appropriately titled - she is the ultimate encourager! She has friends that she calls Dolla Friends and let me tell you - she makes you feel that you are one of those Dolla friends with every comment she leaves!
And lastly, I have to give this honor back to Cyndi, at One Day More. I share a passion for missions that she has. She was so sweet to think of me on her trip to China. She sent me a sweet bear to remind me to keep on praying, a bookmark that is now in my bible and a beautiful kleenex box cover. The box cover and the bookmark are both being used now and the bear sits on my kitchen counter to remind me to pray....thank you, Cyndi. He also reminds me of you and how much God has blessed me through you!
I cannot tell you how what am amazing gift each of you is to me. The Lord has truly blessed me with each and every one of you who meet me here and talk to me through the great big bloggy world out there. Thanks to each of you from the very bottom of my heart! I am blessed to call you my friends!
If you've not already done so -- play along and pass these awards on to those who are a rockin' reflection for you!
I am not sure how much I will be able to get online next week -- it'll be a busy one. I gotta go finish packing now and go to bed.....
You girls have a blessed week and I will catch up when I can!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Today we began a new chapter of the I AM- so you don't have to be study. And, girls, go on over to The Preacher's Wife right now and link up! It is a good one -- YOU will be blessed!
SO, without further ado. Here are my answers to the questions.
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond? UMMM, I'd have to say that for I talk about God a lot - so in that area I'd say it is about a 7 (there's always room for improvement). NOW - how much of that conversation is about the works of the Lord on my behalf? That one is not as good .......maybe a 3. That is humbling. I think the problem is in realizing the works of the Lord in my life.....I AM getting better at this though......ask me again in a few months hopefully I will be able to say a 5 - and growing!
2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan? Sure I have.....I think it is necessary to do some thinking and praying to figure it out. The situation I am in now? I believe it to be Satan trying to keep a Spirit of Fear in me but I also believe God is using it to teach me (chastise me for my lack of?) trust, hope, focus only on HIM. SO maybe it can be both?
3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part?I don't know about this one......I think that as a sinner there may not be anything that I've done blatantly wrong but maybe there is something I need to learn that I wasn't doing before......this is going to take more pondering.
4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory? My response can either make God famous or make the world more famous.....I can choose to out loud - in front of other's trust my God so people can see it so that when HE answers (and he will answer) they can see that I trusted God and HE answered me then HE is famous! My obedience will most definitely lead to me own sanctification - what better than to fully be trusting, loving and focusing on HIM? and that will give HIM glory!
5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it? I don't know about this one........looking forward to other's answers!
Thanks so much Lisa for hosting and leading us in the great study!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Me: "I am going to miss you all so much this week. What am I going to do?"
M: (middle daughter who is 3): "You'll have Daddy."
Me: "Yes, but he works all day long. What will I do during the day without you girls? I will be all by myself."
M: "No you won't. You'll have God."
Right there. THAT is a sermon in itself isn't it? I WILL have God. And isn't that supposed to be the most important thing of all?!!? He is always with me. Always my comfort and my sustainer. Always my friend and my companion. HE IS my all in all!
Friday, June 22, 2007
1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel? Although I cannot think of an example right now, I am SURE that I have had to go back to a place of shame and ridicule and it makes me feel small even thinking about it.
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable. As odd as it may seem to most I have been running from dying. I, in the past year, have had a very REAL bout with anxiety and panic attacks and that has led to a fear of dying. For a while I could totally see why someone would become agoraphobic because I could have holed up at home and not gone anywhere because the FEAR is paralyzing.
3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer? I feel like I have come along way in this anxiety stuff and even though I have far to go - I am still an overcomer. I have written out a whole lot of scripture s on my truth cards on what my LORD has to say about fear and I am learning them so that I can fight with HIS words in the battlefield of my mind.
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders? I have days that are really good when I have taken the serpent by the tail and then there are days when I am still running..... I desperately WANT to take hold - hang on - and trust God to transform this stuff for HIS good.
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'! yes.
That's about it for today girls. See ya soon!
Thursday, June 21, 2007
I know we ALL love our kids, but today I have had a day. And it has been some kind of day.
The oldest is 5 going on 16 so she thinks she can tell everyone else what to do - which just leads to fights.
The middle one has not felt well and even has a fever so she is just PLAIN grumpy.
The smallest one is 2 1/2 -- need I say more?
So today here is my list:
**I am thankful for my girls. They are gifts -- no matter how much they drive me crazy on a day like today or how easily I can forget they are gifts on a day like to day --I need the reminder.
**I am thankful for my husband who is just so sweet that he will stay a whole evening with them so I can get out once a month to be with my VW girls.
**I am thankful that TONIGHT is my VW bible study group. We have such a blast together , studying God's word, talking, laughing and crying, and praying with and for one another.
**And lastly but most importantly -- I am thankful to my LORD who brought this group into my life and will allow me to come home smiling -- having had a wonderful evening out!
If you wanna join Thankful Thursday go on over to see Iris.
Sorry I've been absent this week -- been a crazy busy week but I promise to catch up with you all tomorrow!
Have a good thursday night! I am leaving now for my drive (45 min) to my meeting -- in which I will stop and have supper alone - in the quiet.....and have some peaceful time with my LORD praising him through song and worship!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Because it is a good thing and I have always been slack about giving the respect he deserves.
Here are a few of my goals........these are the initial one that I've thought of and I am sure there will be more but I think these 3 are a good start!
**Begin each day by praying for him and us. I will use my Power of The Praying Wife book. I used to be really good at praying for him with this book each day but I've long since stopped doing it......I will start again!
**Actually greet him each afternoon when he comes home with a kiss and a hug. I've NEVER been good at this but I believe that it will set our evening off right if I greet him and he sees he is first on my list.
**When he is discussing things with me and I disagree with him, I will first go and discuss in in prayer with GOD...HE may change MY mind. HE may help me see that my thoughts are right and lead me to discuss it with hubby in HIS way or he may instruct me to be quiet. Whatever happens I've turned it over to GOD and that is best.
**lastly, bite my tongue when I feel like nagging.....instead take it to Jesus in prayer.
I am so happy that I am going to do this for the next 30 days. I am also scared about failing.......but I know you all are doing it too and that MY LORD is helping me and will honor my respecting hubby the way HE directs me too! AND I cannot wait to see how this blesses our marriage......and to see how your's are all blessed too! If you are interested in joining this fabulous challenge -- go on over to Fruit in Season and link up!
Ya'll know that God has been leading me to trust him more in the past months and I have pretty much learned that trusting God (or anyone for that matter) is a choice. I choose each day - each moment to trust him.
And I have been praying and making that choice repeatedly over the past months. Well - I've been asking God what else is it? What else is in the way? Why is this trusting so hard for me?
Today HE gave me an answer.
I have a lack of hope. I have to tell you how God revealed this to me today.
I have a group of girls I meet with once a month and we are working our way through Patsy Clairmont's devotional called All Cracked Up. Well today I read a devotional on hope and trust and I thought maybe hope is it - maybe hope is what I lack. Patsy explains that hope is our life preserver in the storms of life.....so I got to thinking. Maybe trust and hope go hand in hand and maybe hope is what I am lacking.
I then moved on to my bible study - The Patriarchs by Beth Moore thinking that my lesson for today on Jacob and Esau would have nothing to do with one another and I would need to come back and ponder on the hope thing later on.
WELL - GOD - he knew. He knew that today was the day HE would reveal to me that hope is what I need more of and both of these lessons would oddly go along that same theme.
I was going along reading this day's work and thinking what a clod Esau really was and how manipulative Jacob was being-- when Beth had me look up Ephesians 1:18 "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you."
HOPE. There it was again. NOW I KNOW God is telling me something. And part of it is this:
HE -- MY GOD - wants me to hope in HIM!
I have a lot more scripture perusing to do and studying to do on HOPE now since I clearly see this is what God is calling me to work on personally right now. And I believe HE will use you to speak to me too.
SO - here are some questions that I would love your feedback on --
1. DO hope and trust go together in your opinion? HOW so or why not?
2.What is this hope that God is calling me to have? How do you define hope?
I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.....If I knew how I'd create a mr. linky thing but since probably not many folks will have an opinion -- it is probably better to save myself the humiliation of having no names on it! I would honestly LOVE your feed back on this ! TIA!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."
~ Oswald Chambers ~
Wow. What a quote. It has taken me years to become one who can handle a quote like this. Years to really comprehend it's reality. Years to fully believe that GOD is in control and understand that HE is truly leading my life.
It is easy to SAY it. "God is in control and he is leading my life". It is much harder, In my opinion, to FULLY believe it.
When I was younger I didn't understand this and thought (for various reasons) that God couldn't possibly be really involved in my life. Even though I grew up in church and was there almost every Sunday, and I heard it said that God was in control - it was hard to believe. OH, I heard it over and over and I knew all the bible stories that should have made it a reality for me. In fact, when I was in our youth group and we would have Bible Trivia tournaments, I was the girl everyone wanted on their team because I knew all the answers........(I need to mention that we played with the kids cards not the adult ones......most of those are still too hard!) I could tell you all the answers but it was hard for me to really have FAITH as in this quote.
Now, almost 20 years later, I still have struggles with faith. But I have come a long way. I can look back at my life and see God's workings in my life and see where HE has been in charge even when I was stupid enough to be playing god of my own life.
I've said in previous posts that as a child I was sexually abused by a care giver. Having innocence lost at such an early age - and feeling like it was really my own fault that this happened to me, led me to some destructive behavior in my early 20's. I was very promiscuous - I'm very ashamed to say. And never once did I have a scare of pregnancy in my stupidity. I don't say this to brag -- I say this to drive home my point that GOD was FULLY in charge of my life. See, once I got married and hubby and started trying to have children, it literally happened the 1st month we didn't use birth control. The second time was exactly the same and the third time? We were still using birth control. SO - looking back now, I can fully see how God was in control. Pregnancy for me came easy and when I think of my foolishness in those years, I should have had the consequences of an "unwanted" pregnancy to deal with. BUT PRAISE be to the father, he spared me this consequence.
I have learned so much to really trust God in this past year and fully see him as IN CHARGE of life -- all life. And as far as the "not knowing where it is being led" part -- I am living it right now. We've been led to a new place and there is much to be done in this place. I am learning to stop worrying about the WHERE and just to fully trust and allow the ONE I love to lead the way. Hubby and I were just talking about this a couple of nights ago. We really want to be God's hands in our situation and to do that we have to be fully IN TUNE with him.
This is an awesome quote and one that I am still learning to make a reality in my life. I am thankful for where HE has led me thus for and for the understanding he has given me. And as hard as it may be, I fully in tend to stop worrying and the where and remember that I know and LOVE the one who is leading. And to remember that HE is sovereign and loves me too and HIS leading can NEVER be wrong!
If you want to read more thoughts on this or want to leave your own go on over to Sting My Heart!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Monday, June 4, 2007
It means lots of meetings for him, lots of time with the girls for me It is pretty and we enjoy watching the ducks on the lake, and who knows we may even venture over to the pool.
We do get to sees lots of friends that we see usually JUST at this event. SO, that should be fun!
Hope all you girls have a fabulous week!
I will talk to you all next week. I am hoping for some one on one walks around the lake and meetings with my LORD so let's hope I have much to offer when I return!
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: The South
That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.
|The Inland North|
|What American accent do you have?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz